Fitz Park Dental Practice Privacy Notice
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service.
We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data the practice holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
Types of Personal Data
The practice holds personal data in the following categories:
- Patient clinical and health data and correspondence.
- Staff employment data.
- Contractors’ data.
Why we process Personal Data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
- Patient data is held for the purpose of providing patients with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective dental care and treatment.
- Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law.
- Contractors’ data is held for the purpose of managing their contracts.
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must tell you this:
- We hold patients’ data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively. [Also, we must hold data on NHS care and treatment as it is a Public Task required by law].
- We hold staff employment data because it is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
- We hold contractors’ data because it is needed to Fulfil a Contract with us.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
- Patient data may be shared with other healthcare professionals who need to be involved in your care (for example if we refer you to a specialist or need laboratory work undertaken).
- Patient data may also be shared with your dental plan provider and PreViser for your health score/DEPPA assessment.
- Clinical data may be required by the CQC when they inspect the services we provide.
- Employment data will be shared with Payroll services/accountants/pension provider and government agencies such as HMRC.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the Personal Data stored for?
- We will store patient data for as long as we are providing care, treatment or recalling patients for further care. We will archive (that is, store it without further action) for as long as is required for legal purposes as recommended by the NHS model or other trusted experts recommend.
- We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
- We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our data processing?
You can complain in the first instance to our Data protection Officer, who is [Simon Welch, Fitz Park Dental Practice, 31 Station Street, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5HH] and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113
Call in to chat
We offer the latest in modern dentistry to give you a healthy, happy smile. This site offers detail on all treatments offered.
Appointments are best placed during office hours by calling the practice number. Alternatively call in if you are passing, we are always happy to chat.
Affordable payment plans
At Fitz Park Dental Practice, we are dedicated to providing our patients with supior quality treatment at an affordable price.
Principal Dentist - GDC 75410Simon is the Principal dentist and owner of the Fitz Park Dental Practice.
Associate Dentist - GDC 77567Robert has been living and working as a dentist in Cumbria since graduating in the year 2000.
Practice Manager - GDC 121378Lindsey has been a dental nurse for over twenty years and is qualified in Dental Radiography.
Implant Surgeon - GDC 72150Richard is a highly skilled dental implant surgeon and has placed over 5,000 implants.
Hygienist - GDC 4171
Hygienist - GDC 3242
Dental Nurse - GDC 255104
Dental Nurse - GDC 253373
Dental Nurse - GDC 197374
Dental Nurse - GDC 200545
Receptionist/Dental Nurse - GDC 126039
Trainee Dental Nurse
How many people can say that they like going to the dentist? I know this isn’t the norm but I actually look forward to my appointments. Our dentist has inspired me to want to take more care of my teeth and helped to banish all the age old fears associated with the reluctance to see the dentist and stepping into the dentist’s chair.
I take more care of my teeth than ever before as my dentist has helped me to understand how good oral hygiene can affect other areas of your health. Regular visits to our dentist ensure that we are doing the right things and looking after our teeth correctly which is good insurance for our overall health for the future.
Couldn't recommend Fitz Park Dental Practice highly enough.
I actually enjoy going to the dentist now. They make me feel at ease from the moment I arrive from the friendly response at reception to the highly professional relaxed manner of the dentists which all works towards helping me feel at ease and assured I am in good hands.